Who will win the Home Run Derby for 2013? Here’s my predictions:
- Prince Fielder, Tigers: He’s won it twice before. He’ll win it again for the third time to join Ken Griffey Jr as the only players to win the home run derby three times.
- Michael Cuddyer, Rockies: Every year it seems there’s someone who surprises everyone. Cuddyer will be that man. Even though I hate picking a Rockie for this.
- Pedro Alvarez, Pirates: I don’t even know who this guy is. But I’ll pick him, because I don’t like five of the other options.
- Yoenis Cespedes, A’s: Again, who? Why not. Yoenis!
- David Wright, Mets: Now we get to the players who I think will not peform well. Wright will be crushed by the pressure of the hometown fans.
- Robinson Cano, Yankees: He’ll be too busy thinking about how people aren’t booing him this year.
- Bryce Harper, Nationals: Left knee injury is always an excuse for why didn’t do well in the derby.
- Chris Davis, Orioles: He’s so hot this season, he’ll be too concerned about messing up his swing after the all-star break.
Here’s the Odds to Win from sbnation.com:
- Chris Davis (BAL) 11/4
- Prince Fielder (DET) 15/4
- Yoenis Cespedes (OAK) 11/2
- Bryce Harper (WSH) 11/2
- Pedro Alvarez (PIT) 11/2
- Robinson Cano (NYY) 6/1
- David Wright (NYM) 9/1
- Michael Cuddyer (COL) 12/1
I love how they pick Chris Davis first. Please. Every year there’s a huge disappointment, Chris Davis will wear that beanie cap in 2013.