All eight teams in the playoffs have over 90 wins in the regular season.
- 97-65 Boston Red Sox
- 97-65 St. Louis Cardinals
- 96-66 Oakland Athletics
- 96-66 Atlanta Braves
- 94-68 Pittsburgh Pirates
- 93-69 Detroit Tigers
- 92-70 Los Angeles Dodgers
- 92-71 Tampa Bay Rays
That race is too close to call.
Let’s take a look at three key stats that bring out how good a team is in batting, running, and defense.
- For batting we’ll use AB/SO
- For running we’ll use stolen bases
- For defense we’ll use zone runs
Yes, I’m not using batting average, or slugging, or even WAR. Just good ol’ which team strikes out least often.