In 2009 I developed the following strategy:
- Look at top 8 pitching staffs that has given up the most hits in the past 30 days.
- Look at those 8 teams those staffs are facing.
- Of those 8 teams, find team with the most hits in the past seven days
- Start with team that has most hits, pick player on that team that has at least 10+ hits in the past 7 days. If no player has 10+ hits, move to next team.
Here’s an example of why I picked Joe Mauer on June 08, 2009
- Facing Oakland, 4th most hits given up in the past 30 days (251)
- Minnesota has the 10th most hits in the past 7 days (55)
- Mauer has the most hits for the Twins in the past 7 days with nine.
I only go into this much research when I have like 3 or 4 games under my belt.