The sweater that Steve Stone wore while announcing Kerry Wood’s 20-strikeout game on May 6, 1998.
I want that sweater.
Maybe. Just maybe if I do a reverse Google image search, it might come up. Initially, these are the results.
Ok, that’s kinda cool. But these are not sweaters. Google automatically added the search term “denim.” Let’s try limiting this search to just sweaters.
Ok, getting closer… And then…
Found it! The super-cool sweater that Steve Stone wore while announcing Kerry Wood’s 20-strikeout game is a Coogi sweater.
Oh, the Coogi sweater. Such a 80s-90s fashion. Coogi sweaters infamous, forever memorialized in the lyrics by:
- Notorious B.I.G.
- “Heart throb never, black and ugly as ever, however, I stay Coogi down to the socks, rings and watch filled with rocks”
- “However, living better now, Coogi sweater now”
- “Every cutie wit a booty bought a Coogi“
- Kanye West:
- “You sweat her and I ain’t talkin ’bout a Coogi“
- “Coogi, Coogi, Coogi, Coogi on, Feels like I’m in the movie holmes, Texted my consigliere, Tell the maid leave the jacuzzi on”
- MC Suffa
- “When I’m dressed like Theo’s Dad, In a Coogi listening to Kool G Rap.”
- ASAP Ferg
- “Coogi down to the socks, like I’m Biggie Poppa”
The brand is mistakenly called the “Cosby Sweater” though Bill Cosby never wore Coogi sweaters. The Cosby Show costume designer, Sarah Lemire, on Coogi “My sweaters were busy to a certain point, but it wasn’t to that extreme… I still can’t stand those.”
There we go. We found Steve Stone’s sweater from 1998. Does he still have this sweater in his wardrobe? It’s a part of baseball history!